What is Cabinet Refacing?
Refacing cabinets is the process of gluing a thin veneer of laminate plastic or wood strips
to the exposed cabinet face frames. Cabinet doors and drawer fronts and hardware are replaced. The basic cost for minimum work above $6000- $10,000.
What you DO NOT get with the “basic” cabinet refacing:
- Can not change a dysfunctional kitchen layout.
- Cabinet interiors stay as is.
- Can not repair cabinet boxes with moisture damage.
- Can not fix flimsy cabinet construction.
- Can not have under mount cabinets lights controlled by wall switches.
- Can not have adjustable cabinet shelving or a Lazy Susan in corners to maximize storage.
- Can not utilize pull out drawers because of the middle stile (the wood piece that supports cabinets).
- Can not have, without extra cost, dovetail constructed drawers.
- Some older cabinets made of particle board can not support full extension, soft closing drawer glides.
- New counter tops and back splashes.
- New sink and faucet.
If you want the items mentioned above, as most home owners do, the additional cost could increase dramatically — up to $30,000!
Get the Kitchen you want.
With over 20 years experience in kitchen designs and creating estimates of actual costs, Catherine Anderson will explain how it is possible to remodel with new custom cabinets.
With Anderson Design and Remodeling you can get the kitchen you want at a cost you can afford.